The easiest #whole30 5-ingredient chicken strips you probably already have the ingredients for! These are kid-friendly – both in flavor and ability to involve the kids in the prep. I make them in a pinch when dinner needs to happen fast. Everyone in our family is on board with these and they keep great in the fridge to chop up for salads or wraps later in the week.
5 Ingredient Chicken Strips
- 2/3 cup almond flour see notes for nut-free option
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 chicken breasts cut into strips
- Heat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil. (If using air fryer, skip this step)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large gallon sized ziplock* (*the ziplock keeps it extra kid friendly - just put ingredients in, seal, and let them shake it! You can also just mix in a medium bowl).
- Put 4-5 chicken strips into the ziplock of dry ingredients, seal, and then shake to toss. Or, if using bowl, press both sides of chicken into the flour mixture to coat. Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat coating process until all chicken strips are coated and on baking sheet.
- Cook for 20 minutes in preheated oven, until no longer pink in center.
- AIRFRYER MODIFICATION: cook at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, length of cooking time varying largely depending on size of strips/nuggest, airfryer size, and how full you load your air fryer basket.
NUT-FREE OPTION: Instead of using almond flour, take 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes (I find mine at Trader Joes or Thrive Market) and finely chop it down to a coarse flour in a food processor or blender. Then mix with other ingredients and proceed with recipe as written.