My 5-Ingredient Chicken Strips are the easiest Whole30 chicken strips you probably already have the ingredients for! These are kid-friendly – both in flavor and ability to involve the kids in the prep. I make them in a pinch when dinner needs to happen fast.
Why we love these 5-Ingredient Chicken Strips
These chicken strips are Whole30, Paleo, Keto, gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free. Plus, they have a nut-free option for those who need it. You can use the air fryer or oven to make these.
Everyone in our family is on board with these – a great kid-friendly option. Also, they keep great in the fridge to chop up for salads or wraps later in the week. Finally, they are freezer friendly as well. Once cooked, freeze in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
The Easiest Chicken to Prep, Ever!
These are a Paleo shake-n-bake. Did anyone else use that in the 80’s?! You put chicken in a bag of seasoning, shake to coat, and then bake it. EASIEST prep ever. Well, these are THAT easy too!
You combine 4 ingredients you might already have on hand. I like to do this in a large reusable bag like a Stasher bag. Then you add the sliced chicken to the bowl or bag and SHAKE. This is a great step to involve your kiddos in.
Once coated, you can cook in the air fryer or oven. Done start to finish in 20 minutes! A great weeknight meal for a busy night.
How to Serve These 5-Ingredient Chicken Strips
We love them paired with my Date Mustard (Whole30 “Honey” Mustard) or Homemade Ranch. Delicious with a side of my Garlic Fries or Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli Salad or Kale Salad on the side. Or, chop up the chicken and use it on top of a salad with my Date Mustard as a dressing.
There’s literally only 5-ingredients in these. You might already have them in your pantry!
- Almond flour – I prefer “super-fine” almond flour to get the best texture. I like this one from Blue Diamond I can get at Sam’s Club or Amazon. See notes for nut-free option!
- Paprika – This spice you can find in most grocery store spice aisles.
- Salt – Don’t overthink it, just regular table salt works great here.
- Pepper – Ground black pepper
- Chicken breasts – Boneless, skinless, cut into strips or nuggets. Size will determine length of cooking time.
5 Ingredient Chicken Strips
- 2/3 cup almond flour see notes for nut-free option
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large chicken breasts cut into strips
- Heat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil. (If using air fryer, skip this step). If you have one, lay a wire cooling rack into the baking sheet and spray with cooking oil. The wire rack helps the chicken cook better on all sides, but is optional.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large gallon sized reusable ziplock* or medium mixing bowl. *The ziplock keeps it extra kid friendly - just put ingredients in, seal, and let them shake it!
- Put 4-5 chicken strips into the ziplock of dry ingredients, seal, and then shake to toss. Or, if using bowl, press both sides of chicken into the flour mixture to coat. Place coated chicken on prepared wire rack or baking sheet.
- Repeat coating process until all chicken strips are coated and on baking sheet.
- Cook for 20 minutes in preheated oven, flipping halfway through, until no longer pink in center.
- AIRFRYER MODIFICATION: cook at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, length of cooking time varying largely depending on size of strips/nuggest, airfryer size, and how full you load your air fryer basket.
NUT-FREE OPTION: Instead of using almond flour, take 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes (I find mine at Trader Joes or Thrive Market) and finely chop it down to a coarse flour in a food processor or blender. Then mix with other ingredients and proceed with recipe as written.