These 5-ingredient gluten-free dairy-free nut-free bars take under 10 minutes to put together and hit the delicious “easy” button by using a store bought gluten-free cake mix. They make a large 9×13 family size dessert and are awesome for taking to a party or event (ps – no one will know they are GF/DF!). They are a family favorite in our house, and my kids can make them themselves, woot!
5-ingredient Raspberry Bars
- 1 package gluten-free yellow or vanilla cake mix *see notes below
- 2 cups gluten-free quick cooking oats
- 1 cup melted ghee
- 1 cup raspberry or blackberry all-fruit jam
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment or foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix and oats in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add melted ghee to cake mix/oats mixture and mix till combined (will be crumbly).
- Pat half of the crumbly mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan, covering the bottom of the entire pan evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine water with preserves, mixing to thin out the preserves.
- Drop small spoonfuls of the preserves on the prepared crust. Spread out the preserve drops until crust is covered (*spread carefully, as crust will lift a little. Just do your best to spread it around and don't worry about it - it's going to get covered up anyway ; ).
- Sprinkle remaining cake mix/oats mixture on top of the preserves, covering the entire pan. Gently pat down the top, to help set the crumbly mixture into the preserves.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes. Eat cooled. Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
If you want a cake mix with simpler ingredients or no white sugar, you can also use the Simple Mills vanilla cake mix. However, the Simple Mills cake mix is half the size of a regular cake mix. So, you will either need to buy TWO Simple Mills cake mixes and then follow the recipe above. OR make the following modifications in your recipe:
1 Simple Mills Cake Mix
1 1/4 cup gluten free quick cooking oats
6 tablespoons melted ghee
3/4 cup raspberry or blackberry preserves
1 tablespoon water
*Bake in a 8x8 or 9x9 pan
Oh, and these hold together fine once cut and cooled, but when you cut there will be crumbs from the bars left on your tray. Don't toss them! They make fantastic ice cream toppings : )