My biggest problem with smoothies or smoothie bowls is they are often loaded with fruit and lacking in protein and veggies. Most of the clean protein powders are too pricey for me, but egg white powder is more affordable ($1/oz versus $2-3/oz). I got mine at a local store, but Amazon has lots of affordable options. We love Whole30 Approved Vital Proteins or Bubs collagen is we are using protein powder.
- 1 cup frozen fruit I usually use mango, mixed berries, and/or strawberries
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 scoop protein powder We love Vital Protein or Bubs collagen, though egg white powder can work too for an affordable option
- 1 açaí packet
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or other dairy-free milk of choice
- Toppings of choice see notes
- Blend all ingredients except the toppings in a food processor or blender until pureed and smooth. This will make a thick acai bowl. But, to make it thick, you will have to stir and blend, stir and blend kinda deal, as the lack of liquid is what will make it thick. If you don't have the patience for that, add another 1/2 cup liquid (non dairy milk or juice) and it will blend easier, but will have much more of a thinner smoothie consistency instead.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Note: This acai bowl is not very sweet. We get the sweetness with fresh fruit, granola, and honey toppings, but you can add some honey into the acai bowl as you blend as well for a sweeter result.