My biggest problem with smoothies or smoothie bowls is they are often loaded with fruit and lacking in protein and veggies. Most of the clean protein powders are too pricey for me, but egg white powder is more affordable ($1/oz versus $2-3/oz). I got mine at a local store, but Amazon has lots of affordable options. You can also use a scoop of Vital Proteins instead of the egg white powder.
- 1 cup frozen fruit I usually use mango, mixed berries, and/or strawberries
- 1 cup frozen veggies Cauliflower is perfect - can't even taste it!
- 1/4 cup egg white powder or 1 scoop vital proteins or other protein powder
- 1 açaí packet
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or other dairy-free milk of choice
- Toppings of choice see notes
Blend all ingredients except the toppings in a food processor or blender until pureed and smooth. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
This will make a thick acai bowl. But, to make it thick, you will have to stir and blend, stir and blend kinda deal, as the lack of liquid is what will make it thick. If you don't have the patience for that, add another 1/2 cup liquid (non dairy milk or juice) and it will blend easier, but will have much more of a thinner smoothie consistency instead.
My baked Paleo Granola is a fantastic topping on this! We also love sliced strawberries and bananas, blueberries, and honey. Get creative!
Recipe is for one serving. Double/triple/quadruple as needed!