#airfryer kale chips – I love my airfryer (as you all know) for a lot of reasons, but making perfect kale chips EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. might be my favorite reason❤️??. I know I *should* eat my greens, but I’m a foodie and won’t unless it tastes good. And homemade kale chips are where it is at guys. They pack in the greens while being a very portable veggie. ?? #winning
Here is the oh so simple recipe. Yes, you can make them in the oven. I did that a few weeks ago in my stories. I definitely prefer the airfryer for even crispiness, but the oven is doable – just make sure you get them in a single layer and watch them closely.
Air Fryer Kale Chips
- 1 bunch of kale with steam removed, and chopped into smaller pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil or oil of choice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast optional, but delicious!
- 1/2 teaspoon salt I like using garlic salt
- If using the oven, preheat to 275.
- Put chopped kale pieces (they will shrink, so 2-3 inch pieces is great) in to a bowl or ziplock bag and toss with oil. Range of how much oil to use is dependent on the size of your kale bunch. Make sure you use enough to coat all kale pieces, without drowning them. I usually find 2 tablespoons oil is sufficient for a ziplock bag of kale that is 2/3 full of kale pieces.
- Toss or stir in seasonings. Then cook in air fryer at 275 degrees for 10-12 minutes, stirring twice throughout if not in a single layer. Store in a foil pouch to keep crisp (see my air fryer Instagram highlights for more on that).
- If using the oven, line baking sheet with parchment. Spread prepped kale on parchment in single layer. Bake at 275 for 20 minutes or until crispy.