These Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats are gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and so EASY! With only 10 minutes prep time and the perfect combo of peanut butter + chocolate with an almost fudge-like result, they are sure to be a hit. I have been making these since I was a teenager and do so every year for Christmas. I love that they are no-bake with only 5 ingredients. A simple recipe for kids or someone new to baking to make with success!
I usually use Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips, though you an use something like Hu hunks if you want a chocolate chip without refined sugar. And it works great with both ghee or a vegan butter like Miyokos. They store well in the fridge or on the counter once chilled. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter can sub cashew or sun butter if needed
- 1 cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips we like Enjoy Life brand
- 1/2 cup ghee or vegan butter
- 10 1/2 ounces marshmallows
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free crisp rice cereal
- Line a 8 or 9" baking pan with parchment or foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Put peanut butter, chocolate chips, and ghee in a large microwave-safe bowl. Mircowave for 2-2 1/2 minutes, until ghee melts and chocolate chips look glossy.
- Stir until smooth and then stir in marshmallows. Microwave for 1 minute. Marshmallows will have expanded and be slightly melted. Stir again to mix.
- Add in crisp rice and stir until well blended. Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth out evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 1" squares.
yeah these are insanely good! my auntie made them and I thought they were so good I should make them, which may have been a mistake because I ate pretty much the entire pan by myself 🙂
Wahoo! I am so happy you loved them and they were “can’t keep your hands off them” good!
Made these for a group that has gf/df needs – they were a hit! People grabbed seconds (and thirds). Simple to make, easy crowd-pleaser!
I’m so happy these were an easy win! WOOT WOOT for a recipe that meets those needs AND people want 2nds on. Thank you!
What gluten free rice cereal do you use?
Hello! Here are four options, depending on what is available to you: Barbara’s Organic Brown Rice Crisps Cereal, One Degree Brown Rice Crisps Cereal
Nature’s Path Crispy Rice Cereal, Aldi Crispy Rice. Enjoy!