Christmas Coupon Book
The greatest gift you can give someone is your time. More and more I realize the truth of these simple but powerful words – as a parent, as a spouse, as a friend. This Christmas I was pondering what to fill my kid’s stockings with that wasn’t more junk to fill our shelves and drawers (or for me to trip over when they don’t put it away *insert eye roll emoji here*), a friend suggested the idea of a coupon book. I LOVED it. At first it started out as something I was going to give to my kids. Coupons/passes like:
- One day off of chores
- Stay up an extra _____ min past bedtime (non-school nights only!)
- Invite a friend over for a playdate
- Playing one game of your choice
- Reading ___ number of books
- Breakfast in bed
- Making one dessert of your choice
- You pick the movie for family movie night
- One craft project of your choice
- One dinner of your choice
- 1 hour with mom/dad doing an activity of your choice (free or a set amount of $$)
- One day pass to stay in your pajamas
- 30 extra minutes screen time
Then I realized it was also the PERFECT solution to what should my boys give each other! I have been stumped by this question for years, as I want them to be in the habit of giving to each other but don’t want them buying more stuff. So, each of them will draw a brother’s name, secret Santa style (just so it’s not overwhelming to give to all 4 brothers!), and create a coupon book of 6 coupons to give to each other. Coupons good for things like:
- Playing one board game with you
- Letting you play with my _____ (toy, device, etc.) for _____ minutes
- Doing your chores for one day
- Playing outside with you for _____ minutes
- Reading ____ books to you (or for a set number of minutes)
I’m so excited for them to give each other the gift of time and service and build those brother relationships!
Because I love a good FREE printable, I created one for you!
Enjoy and tag me in your creations!