This copycat gives Cafe Rio and Chipotle cilantro lime rice a twist by making it with cauliflower rice. It’s Whole30, Paleo, Keto, gluten-free, dairy-free. Easy and fast with only 4 steps and 15 minutes to make. It freezes great and pairs well with any taco, burrito, bowl or salad!
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 12 oz riced cauliflower* or 3 cups
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped dried onion flakes
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- Put the 2 tablespoons ghee or oil in the pan on medium. Once melted, add the minced garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add riced caulflower and all the seasonings except the cilantro. For the lime, zest (finely grate) half of the peel into the cauliflower, then juice and add in all of the lime juice.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Rice is done when all the cauliflower is translucent. While cooking, finely chop cilantro (I use a mini food processor).
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Perfect as a side to your lettuce tacos, fajitas, or base for a burrito bowl!