I love cake. It is hands down my favorite dessert of all time. I have really fond memories of making cakes with my dad for holidays. He taught me how to pipe frosting and didn’t mind when he caught me “taste testing.”
But what is a good cake without thick delicious frosting?! When we went dairy-free suddenly all my store-bought options and homemade recipe were off the table. I eventually found Miss Jones Bakes at Walmart, which was a good fast option but sometimes hard to find and not cheap.
It was time to make my own and I realized once I did I should have done so much sooner! Four ingredients to make this gluten-free, dairy-free frosting that can also be paleo depending on the sugar you use.
Want a KETO or PALEO option? Use powdered monk fruit sugar! This is becoming more and more common in stores, but you can find it also on Amazon here.
No more store-bought dairy-free frosting for us, this is our new go-to!
Dairy-free and Paleo Frosting
- 4 cups powdered sugar or powdered monk fruit sugar (paleo)
- 1/4 cup ghee, soft but not melted can sub coconut oil for vegan option
- 1/4 cup almond milk, more if needed or other dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla clear vanilla for the most white frosting
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix on low for 30 seconds until just combined and then beat on high for 1 minute. If not coming together or too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons more of milk one tablespoon at a time until reaches desired thickness.
- Can store in fridge for up to two weeks or freezer for up to 3 minutes.