Nut-free, egg-free, stove/airfryer/grill. 5 minutes prep, 10-15 minutes cook time. Just chicken + 6 spices (two of which are salt and pepper!) you might already have in your spice drawer make this a slam dunk win!
Chicken rubs are an awesome low-energy meal, or my “oh crap!” meal when it’s suddenly 5pm and I have no plans for dinner and have to be out the door in 30 minutes.
It has just enough kick to be flavorful, but not spicy, as I am sadly a spice wimp. I love it dipped in my homemade ranch or date mustard. Pairing it here with my kale salad and roasted potatoes for a meal that is done in under 30 minutes and is *chef kiss*.
Easy 7-Ingredient Whole30 Chicken Rub
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium boneless chicken breast (1-1.5 pounds total), trimmed and cut in half horizontally
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, if using stove
- COMBINE all spices in a small bowl.
- If using a grill, preheat grill to 450. If using the stove, place a large pan over medium-high heat, adding oil when hot.
- RUB the spice mixture onto the cut, trimmed chicken.
- STOVE: Place chicken on the hot pan. Cook for 5 minutes and then flip and cook on the other side for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat andcover for 5 minutes, to help retain moisture as it finishes cooking.
- GRILL:Optional, brush grill with olive oil to prevent sticking. Cook 5-6 minutes oneach side, to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove from grill and putin a covered glass container for 5 minutes, this will help it retain moisture.
- AIRFRYER: Cook at 350 for 6 minutes, flipping or stirring once if chicken is overlapping in the airfryer at all. Cook another 6 minutesat 400 degrees.
- Chicken is done when no longer pink in the middle. Cook timewill vary based on the thickness of the chicken used.
Made this for dinner. So good we didn’t need a sauce 😋