EASY WHOLE30 HASH – Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, 6-ingredient. A breezy 5-15 minutes prep (depending on ingredient choice) + 25 minutes cook time = dinner (or breakfast) done in less than 30 minutes!
This easy recipe can frozen veggies to minimize prep time and make it a great dinner in a pinch meal.
Easy Whole30 Hash
- 1.5 pounds steamed cubed yellow potatoes *see note for my easy steaming method or easy frozen potato swap
- 12 ounces precooked sausage of choice, sliced
- 2 bell peppers of choice, cut into small pieces *see notes for frozen veggie swap
- 1 yellow onion, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, plus more to taste
- Optional for topping: Cilantro, Whole30 Ranch
- If using the oven, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place baking sheet in oven while it preheats (this will help the meal cook faster).
- In a large bowl, combine steamed potatoes, cut sausage, peppers, and onion. Toss with the oil and garlic salt.
- IN THE OVEN: Remove hot baking sheet from oven and line with parchment paper. Spread potato mixture onto parchment paper. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, stir, and then for another 10 minutes until peppers and onion are tender and potatoes and sausage are browned.
- ON THE STOVE: Add combined potato mixture to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring 2-3 times throughout, utnil peppers and onions are tender and sausage and potatoes are browned.
- IN THE AIRFRYER: Hold off on adding chopped sausage to potato mixture. Airfry potato mixture at 375 for 10 minutes, stir, and add in chopped sausage, then airfry at 350 for another 5 minutes or until potatoes and sausage are crispy.
TO STEAM POTATOES - I prefer to steam my potatoes in the microwave. Add chopped potatoes and 1/4 cup water to a large bowl covered with microwave-safe saran wrap OR to a large reusable microwave-safe bag (like Stasher bags). Steam in the microwave for 5 minutes, until just tender. . TO USE FROZEN VEGGIES - You can also sub 1.5 pounds cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed for the steamed potatoes and/or 1 pound mixed peppers and onion veggies (at my store they are called a "fajita blend"), thawed, for the peppers and onion to make this a fast meal option! . SAUSAGE - The most affordable Whole30 compatible sausage I have found is at Trader Joe's (their spicy chicken Italian is great in this one!), but any compatible sausage will work here. We especially like one that has a little bit of a kick to it for this dish! My all-time favorite is Applegate Fire Roasted Red Pepper Chicken sausage, though other Whole30 Approved brands like Bilinski's and Pederson's work well in this too.