I love how easy this Fall Punch (Whole30, Paleo) is! It only has 5 ingredients, with no added sugar. But it still got a big thumbs up from all 5 of my boys and the husband. That’s what we call a big mom win!
Why We Love This Fall Punch
First, it’s so simple to make. No freezing, simmering, or complicated steps. This is a mix-and-serve situation! There are fun garnish options, but the flavor comes together from just 3 juices, canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.
Second, it’s perfect for any fall gathering! Whether that be a Halloween party, Thanksgiving feast, fall brunch, or a lovely family night at home. We have the tradition of drinking out of tall stemware at Thanksgiving, and this is the perfect drink to fill it with.
Finally, this drink has no added sugar, making it both Paleo and Whole30 compatible. I used apple juice concentrate (see details in the ingredients list below) to make this drink sweet enough without any soda or sweetener. Then, I added sparkling water for enough bubbles to make it exciting but still appealing even to those who aren’t big carbonation fans (me!).
How to Serve It
This drink is delicious served cold or warm. You choose! We loved it chilled along a Thanksgiving dinner, or you can serve it warm with almost a wassil vibe.
Though let’s be honest – my favorite part was serving it in this CUTE glass pumpkin drink container! So darling! I found it at Walmart for only $17, and it really brings the drink to the next level of wow. Target also has this one that is similar.
Tips and Tricks
- How do I keep it cold? Start by having all of your ingredients in the fridge prior to making it. That will allow it to stay cold for an hour or two. If you have a long event and want it to stay cold longer, I recommend making an extra half a batch and pouring it into ice cube trays. You can then add these to the drink to keep it cold without watering it down!
- Can I add alcohol? Yes, however I don’t drink, so I am zero help here on what type of alcohol would pair with this drink. But I know there are adult versions of fall beverages out there. Let me know if you find a combination you love in the comments below!
- Variation – If you are not on a Whole30 or Paleo, you can use just regular apple juice instead of the apple juice concentrate and then Spirite or an equivalent instead of the sparkling water. This will make sure the drink is still slightly bubbly and sweet enough.
How can you not be a fan of how SIMPLE these ingredients are for my Fall Punch (Whole30, Paleo)?! I got them at my local Walmart or Winco, but they are available at most grocery stores.
- Canned Pumpkin – Not pumpkin pie filling, just regular old canned pureed pumpkin. I grabbed this budget-friendly Great Value brand can at Walmart for this recipe, or I bought pureed canned pumpkin in bulk at Sam’s Club.
- Orange Juice – Whatever type of OJ strikes your fancy! I used pulp-free to make a smooth texture for this drink. This should be the ready-to-drink orange juice from the cold section of your store (not the frozen concentrate), like this one from Walmart.
- Apple Juice Concentrate – No, “apple juice concentrate” is NOT the same thing as “apple juice.” Concentrate has had most of its water content removed, making it sweeter than regular juice. This helps make the drink naturally sweet without any added sugar or sweetener. If you use apple juice instead of apple juice concentrate, this drink will be watery and not sweet enough (IMO). Almost every grocery store has apple juice concentrate; you find it in the frozen section. Here is the one I got from Walmart. This drink uses the concentrate THAWED, so store it in the fridge, not the freezer, so it’s thawed and ready to use. Or, if you are in a rush, leave it on the counter for a few hours, and it will thaw the same day.
- Sparkling Water – There are SO many brands of sparkling water out there you can choose from here. I usually get what the most accessible/affordable is. I don’t think the sparkling water flavor significantly impacts the drink’s flavor, as it’s so subtle. But, aim to get one that aligns with the flavors of this drink – orange, tangerine, apple, or even cranberry. I usually use orange or tangerine LaCroix or Bubbly. If you are on a Whole30, double check your sparkling water doesn’t have any added sweeteners like aspartame in the ingredients!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – Usually easy to find in the baking aisle in the fall. However, if you can’t find it, you can make your own with a simple recipe like this one. You can also use cinnamon, but I highly recommend the pumpkin pie spice – the full flavor is worth it!
Building Your Thanksgiving Meal?
Here are other recipes I would recommend that can often be found on our holiday tables:
- Whole30 Mashed Potatoes
- Whole30 Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Whole30 Kale Salad
- Paleo Soft Rolls made with my Paleo All-Purpose Dough, found only in my Cookbook on page 236
- Honey Orange-Glazed Ham, found only in my Cookbook on page 116
- No-bake Paleo Cheesecake
- Paleo Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Gluten-free + Dairy-free Peanut Butter Pie
Fall Punch (Whole30, Paleo)
- 2 cups canned pureed pumpkin a 15 oz can works close enough here
- 4 cups orange juice
- 4 1/2 cups apple juice concentrate, thawed equivalent of 3 12oz cans
- 4 1/2 cups orange or tangerine sparkling water equivalent of 3 12oz cans
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Optional garnishes: cinnamon sticks, orange slices, apple slices
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a large pitcher or punch bowl. Serve chilled or warm!