These muffins are hands down one of my kids FAVORITE Paleo/clean eats! I shared the recipe on my husbands launch party post (at which party they were mistaken for brownies. Yeah, they are that good!) but for those of you not paying attention…?. This recipe is flourless and full of awesome ingredients I love putting in my kids bodies like nut butter, pumpkin, and flaxseed. My kids take them to school on the daily and we usually double the batch. It’s an easy one your kids can help with!
Flourless Chocolate Muffins
- 1/2 c almond butter* *see notes
- 3/4 c canned pumpkin*
- 1 large egg
- 6 TB honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 2 TB ground flaxseed optional, or 2 TB collagen powder
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt if using unsalted nut or sun butter
- 1/4 c mini chocolate chips I use the Enjoy Life brand that is dairy and gluten free
Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a muffin tin with muffin liners or cooking spray.
Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips together in a large bowl, stirring well until combined. Gently add in chocolate chips
Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, until muffins are set (I always error on the lower amount of time to slightly under-bake and keep them uber moist).
Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze them for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
- Can sub sun butter or any other nut butter instead of almond butter
- Can sub mashed sweet potato instead of pumpkin