These Flourless Chunky Monkey Muffins were a quick family hit. When I made these flourless muffins for the first time, my kids said it was like our favorite smoothie (chunky monkey) in a muffin. Hence – chunky monkey muffins!
Why we love these Flourless Chunky Monkey Muffins
They are gluten-free, dairy-free, and grain-free. Want them to be paleo or can’t do peanut butter? You can use cashew butter or sun butter instead. I love that they use 8 basic ingredients and only take 10 minutes to prep.
Plus they freeze great! I almost always double batch my muffins. I freeze them in individual container such as these ones from Target. My boys pack them straight from the freezer to their lunchboxes and they are thawed (and not smooshed) by lunchtime! Perfect for lunches, snacks, or an easy breakfast side.
They quickly come together in a food processor. Don’t have a food processor? You can mix them with a hand mixer instead, just make sure to mash up the banana well beforehand.
Other Paleo Muffins you might love:
- Paleo Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- Chocolate Paleo Muffins
- Paleo Birthday Muffins
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Paleo Blueberry Lemon Scones or Muffins
- Flourless Chocolate Muffins
- Nut butter of choice – We love making these with peanut butter. I love using one that has no added sugar like Trader Joes or the new no sugar added Skippy peanut butter (pictured) that is nice and thick. Can’t do peanut butter? You can use cashew butter for a Paleo option or sunbutter for nut-free.
- 2 ripe bananas
- Apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda – Baking soda will make baked goods taste tinny unless there is an acid like vinegar to activate it. The vinegar and baking soda in this recipe act together to leven the muffins. Make sure to use both!
- Eggs – I don’t have an egg substitute for this recipe that I have tried successfully. But, if you need egg substitutes, I recommend checking out this blog post with 8 suggestions and how to use them.
- Vanilla – Pure vanilla is ideal but not always affordable. Vanilla extract works here too!
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips – For a great gluten-free + dairy-free chocolate chip option, I love Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips. If you need a paleo option, I prefer Hu gems chopped up or Hu chocolate chips.
Flourless Chunky Monkey Muffins
- 1 c nut butter of choice
- 2 bananas
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare muffin tins with muffin wrappers or grease with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a blender or food processor.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour 1/4 c into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until set.