Another easy chicken recipe coming at you! Seven ingredients (not counting salt) and can be made in the oven or the airfryer. A nice moist chicken with enough flavor to be interesting but mild enough for my kids to love it too. Great by itself, chopped up in salads, or on top of zoodles with a marinara sauce like a chicken parmesean. Whole30 compliant and keto-friendly, this one is a winner!
- 1/4 cup melted ghee
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk or other dairy-free milk
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley divided
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder divided
- 1 cup almond flour see note for modifications
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 large chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds) trimmed and cut into strips
- If using oven, heat to 425. Place cooking sheet inside the oven as it preheats - this will help the chicken get crispier.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt on sliced chicken breasts. Set aside.
- In a small shallow bowl, combine ghee, milk, 1 teaspoon parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- In another small shallow bowl, mix almond flour, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 3 teaspoons (same as 1 tablespoon) parsley and paprika.
- Dip chicken strips into milk mixture, then roll to coat lightly with the almond flour mixture. Place on cooking sheet (removed from oven and lined with parchment) or in air fryer basket. Repeat with all chicken strips. Spray generously with cooking oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven, flipping halfway through, or airfry at 375 for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.