These gluten-free dairy-free enchiladas take less than 30 minutes to prep and are an awesome fast go-to that the family will love. My kids devour this family-sized enchilada recipe! An easy delicious twist on the classic Mexican enchiladas, with a simple no-fuss, budget-friendly homemade enchilada sauce.
Gluten-free Dairy-free Enchiladas
- 3 cups shredded chicken see notes
- 1 cup dairy-free cheese we prefer So-Delicious
- 1 bunch cilantro optional
- 14 gluten-free corn or flour tortillas
- 2 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine well all of the enchilada sauce ingredients and bring to boil. Then turn down to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once enchilada sauce is done simmering, pour 3/4 cup enchilada sauce into shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan with enchilada sauce, about 3/4 cup
- Wrap tortillas in a wet paper towel or towel and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes to heat. This will help them be more flexible (i.e. not break) when you are filling and rolling them.
- Spread a generous 1/4 cup of chicken/sauce mixture into each tortilla. Wrap and place seam side down into the 9x13 pan. Repeat with all 14 tortillas.
- Cover the top of the tortillas in the pan with the remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with dairy-free cheese.
- Cook in oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Top with optional chopped cilantro or my Cilantro Lime Ranch (see notes for link!)
I like to make my shredded chicken by steaming 2 large chicken breasts in my instant pot (on the "Steam" setting) with 1/2 cup water for 10 minutes. When done and while still hot, I shred it by mixing it with my Kitchen Aid or hand mixer (covering with a kitchen towel to prevent a big mess!). . Delicious with my Cilantro Lime Caulirice as a side! Also tasty topped with my Cilantro Lime Ranch.
Amazing made them once! Will be making them again!
Wahoo!! Thrilled this easy recipe was enjoyed! Thank you for the review.
This was so delicious! My 2 boys loved it and it will go in the dinner rotation. Only thing I added was a little oregano to the chicken mix and on top! Thank you for a quick, simple and delicious meal for the fam!
Love that add on and so happy this one is going on the dinner rotation! YAY for a family win! Thanks for the review.
These were delicious!
Very flavorful, quick to make, and perfect for meal prepping.
My fiancé who’s more critical of food really enjoyed them! Will definitely be making these again.
WAHOO that these won over even the fiance and you want to make them again! Thank you!