These gluten-free dairy-free enchiladas take less than 30 minutes to prep and are an awesome fast go-to that the family will love. My kids devour this family-sized enchilada recipe! An easy delicious twist on the classic Mexican enchiladas, with a simple no-fuss, budget-friendly homemade enchilada sauce.
Gluten-free Dairy-free Enchiladas
- 3 cups shredded chicken see notes
- 1 cup dairy-free cheese we prefer So-Delicious
- 1 bunch cilantro optional
- 14 gluten-free corn or flour tortillas
- 2 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine well all of the enchilada sauce ingredients and bring to boil. Then turn down to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once enchilada sauce is done simmering, pour 3/4 cup enchilada sauce into shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan with enchilada sauce, about 3/4 cup
- Wrap tortillas in a wet paper towel or towel and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes to heat. This will help them be more flexible (i.e. not break) when you are filling and rolling them.
- Spread a generous 1/4 cup of chicken/sauce mixture into each tortilla. Wrap and place seam side down into the 9x13 pan. Repeat with all 14 tortillas.
- Cover the top of the tortillas in the pan with the remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with dairy-free cheese.
- Cook in oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Top with optional chopped cilantro or my Cilantro Lime Ranch (see notes for link!)