This awesome Halloween themed appetizer I have served at my Halloween parties for years. It’s a fun festive dish that also has substance to it with healthy fats and (almost) everyone loves guac! Super easy and you can buy guac or see below for my super easy go-to Whole30 guacamole recipe.
We host an annual couples Halloween party as well as a separate kids party, and I freaking love holiday festivities and themed food. This is also great paired with my 3-minute blender salsa.
Who needs this at their Halloween party or dinner?! 🙋🏻♀️🎃
Halloween Whole30 Tostones and Guacamole
- 1 medium pumpkin pie pumpkin if using
- 1 batch tostones see notes
- 3 ripe medium avocados
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- pinch cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 -1 bunch cilantro I LOVE cilantro, so I use the whole bunch!
- If using, carve pumpkin to look like the "throwing up" pumpkin pictured.
- For tostones, see notes to link for recipe. If not on a Whole30, you can also use store bought tostones or chips instead.
- For guacamole, cut open and pit avocados. Scoop out avocado flesh into a medium bowl. Add all spices and mash. Finely chop cilantro (I use a small food processor to make this easier!). Add chopped cilantro to mashed avocado. Serve cold.