Whole30, Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free, EASY! This is my husband’s favorite side dish. He literally requests it for his birthday AND Father’s Day every year. It has more flavor that your average roasted sweet potatoes, but it comes from spices you probably already having your kitchen. 5-ingredients (I don’t count salt/pepper) and easily made in your oven or airfryer. Woot!
Yes, you can try this with white potatoes if sweet potatoes just aren’t your scene, but these are really best with orange-fleshed sweet potatoes. We love them plain or dipped in my date mustard.
Whole30 Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1.5 pounds orange-fleshed sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- If using oven, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop potatoes into a small even chunks or cubes.
- Toss potatoes with oil to coat.
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices.
- Toss potatoes with spices.
- Bake on a parchment lined cooking sheet at 425 for 45-50 minutes, flipping halfway.
- AIRFRYER MODIFICATION: Follow all the steps to chop and coat the potatoes. Airfry for 15 minutes at 350 degrees (stirring halfway through), then 10 minutes at 400 degrees until desired crispness (also stirring halfway through).