Paleo Chocolate Bark is just about the easiest dessert out there. It takes a handful of ingredients and creates a sweet treat within 15 minutes. Perfect for when you want something sweet without a love of work!
Why We Love Paleo Chocolate Bark
It’s so simple to make. No baking required for this treat! Simply melt the chocolate of your choice and add an equal amount of mix ins. Stir to combine and then spread out in a thin layer on a lined baking sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes and BOOM. You just make a dessert.
It’s super flexible to your dietary needs and allergen friendly. Need a keto option? Use a sugar free chocolate like Lily’s and add non-fruit mix ins like nuts, seeds and coconut flakes. Need it to be nut free? Stick to dried fruit, seeds, and coconut flakes. I love that it’s a great way to use up what’s in your pantry and super customizable.
About Those Mix-ins
The sky and your imagination is the limit for these mix-ins! Here are some favorites and ideas:
- Dried fruit: raisins, dried cranberries, dried mango, dried blueberries
- Coconut flakes
- Nuts of all varieties: almonds, pecans, cashews, macadamia nuts, walnuts, etc. If you use salted nuts, don’t add the sprinkle of salt at the end.
- Seeds: Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- Freeze-dried fruit: raspberries, blueberries, strawberries
- You can also add crushed up cookies like Simple Mills (a great brand if you want to keep it Paleo)
The ingredients are super simple for this Paleo Chocolate Bark. It’s all about the chocolate and the mix-ins!
- Chocolate of choice: If you just need dairy-free, Enjoy Life Chocolate chips are top 8 allergen free and easy to find on Amazon or Walmart. If you want Paleo chocolate, we enjoy Hu Chocolate chips or gems which we get at our local natural food store, but you can also buy on Amazon.
- Mix-ins: See section above for ideas!
- Salt: I originally created this recipe for a Diamond Crystal Salt campaign and really enjoyed using their kosher salt, as their flakes are super light and small. The flakes just hit different. But, whatever neutral flavored salt (i.e. NOT garlic salt) you have on hand will work as well.
Paleo Chocolate Bark
- 1 cup chocolate chips of choice
- 1 cup mix ins of choice*
- Kosher salt flakes optional, or other salt of choice
- MELT chocolate in a small pot over low heat on the stove, stirring continuously. Melt until nice and smooth, about 2-4 minutes, depending on the size of chocolate chips or hunks
- ADD into the pot 1 cup mix-ins of choice. Stir until well combined.
- SPREAD on a small baking sheet or dish lined with parchment that will fit in your freezer. Sprinkle with salt (optional).
- FREEZE for 10 minutes or until solid. Break into pieces and store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer for up to 3 months.