Soup season is upon us and nothing pairs better with a chili like my Whole30 Chili or stew than cornbread muffins. Given that we went Paleo as a family 3 years ago, corn and grains aren’t really something that work for us anymore. I was determined to create an alternative that is gluten, dairy, and tree nut free and this is IT. We love it topped with ghee, honey, or all-fruit preserves. Delicious right out of the oven, but also freeze well if you don’t need the whole batch.
Paleo "Cornbread" Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup honey can sub maple syrup, or half honey half maple syrup (my fave!)
- 1/2 cup oil we prefer coconut, but olive works as well
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut milk**
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare muffin pan by either spraying pan with cooking spray or lining with muffin wrappers.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder) in a medium bowl with a wisk or spatula.
- Add all of wet ingredients (honey through milk) and wisk or stir into dry ingredients till just combined.
- Pour muffin batter in to each of the 12 muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Cook for 22-25 minutes, till top springs back when touched.
- Serve warm. Can freeze extras - freeze in a single layer until frozen, then store in a sealed ziplock or container for up to 3 months.
**You can use some other dairy free milk (like almond or oat), but keep in mind they won't be as rich and I recommend coconut milk.
KETO VARIATION: Use a keto-friendly liquid sweetener like Lakanto Maple Syrup