Meet my kid’s NEW favorite paleo freezer granola ??. This new recipe is so helpful in filling the gaps on busy morning breakfasts or after school snacks. It’s not baked and holds together due to the coconut oil solidifying, so it’s not super portable, but is a great at home option! And get this – ALL five boys give it ???? #thatsrare.
This recipe, like my other granola recipe, is pretty flexible in what combination of nuts and coconut you put in it. You could probably also use seeds as well. Do what works for your family and budget! It’s a great way to use up bits and ends of nuts as well. This usually includes almonds, walnuts, cashews and unsweetened coconut flakes for us. We usually use almond butter for the nut butter. You can leave out the chocolate chips or swap in raisins instead.
Prefer a more low-carb, keto option? Use Lakanto 0 net carbs syrup instead of honey and keep to low carb nuts like pecans, macadamia nuts, walnuts, almonds (skip the cashews and chocolate chips). Voila!
Paleo Freezer Granola
- 4 cups total nuts and/or coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup mini Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips
- Place the 4 cups total of mixed nuts and/or coconut flakes in a food processor and pulse until chopped into oat-sized chunks (up to you how “chunky” you like it! My kids like it chopped fairly small).
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (coconut oil, nut butter, honey, and vanilla)
- In a large bowl combine chopped nuts and wet ingredients. Then stir in chocolate chips (I add them last so they won’t melt from the hot coconut oil).
- Place on a small baking sheet lined with parchment and freeze in a flat layer. Once frozen, break into smaller chunks and pieces.