This EASY Paleo fruit salad is gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free, and so simple. It just has a few added ingredients that take a regular fruit salad from good to WOW without a lot of work and no added refined sugar. You are going to want to bring this to all the summer BBQs and picnics and it’s also lovely enough for a baby shower.
This recipe is super flexible. I buy whatever fruit is most affordable, which is, in my area, most often pineapple, grapes, strawberries, and sometimes blueberries. I also will make the fruit salad stretch by adding in one finely chopped apple, as those are usually cheap and add a nice crunch.
I usually double this recipe to make 8 cups for my large family (pictured).
For the frozen fruit juice concentrate, you find this in the freezer section and look for one that is 100% juice to avoid added refined sugars or syrups. I use concentrate instead of juice for added sweetness and flavor. My favorite is to use Old Orchard Apple Raspberry juice or another juice that has berry in it for a more full flavor, but just apple juice works.
Paleo Fruit Salad
- 4 cups chopped fresh fruit see notes for my favorites!
- 1/2 medium lemon, zest only
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon frozen 100% juice concentrate, thawed
- Combine all of chopped fruit in a large bowl. Zest half of the lemon on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and thawed juice concentrate.
- Pour honey and juice mixture on top of fruit just prior to serving. Stir well to combine and serve.