These Paleo Fudgy Brownies are sure to be a new fudgy favorite! Brownies are my all-time favorite dessert. But, I was tired of the paleo versions I tried that weren’t thick and fudgy. I admit it, I’m a bit of a brownie snob?! These will satisfy even the brownie snob!
Why we Love these Paleo Fudgy Brownies
So, after many variations, I finally have created fudgy paleo brownies that my family LOVES. Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and only 8 ingredients! My brownies check all the boxes and are easy to make. Makes a large 9×13 pan if you are feeding a crowd. Or, you can cook it in a square 9×9 pan for extra thickness.
Ways to Make Them Extra
These Paleo Fudgy Brownies are amazing by themselves or you can top it with my dairy-free paleo ice cream for the perfect ice cream sundae. Or, we love making gluten-free + dairy-free “loaded brownies” where we spread them with a batch of my frosting and then top them with crushed gluten-free Oreos and drizzle with melted chocolate chips. You can see a video of how to make loaded brownies HERE. SO fancy and delicious without a lot of work.
- Dairy-free chocolate chips – If you just need dairy-free, Enjoy Life Chocolate chips are top 8 allergen-free and easy to find on Amazon or Walmart. If you want Paleo chocolate, we enjoy Hu Chocolate chips or gems which we get at our local natural food store, but you can also buy on Amazon.
- Melted coconut oil or extra light-tasting olive oil – Use whichever is more accessible for you! If you are wanting to store them in the fridge (I love a cold brownie!), I recommend the light-tasting olive oil, as coconut oil will make these a bit solid in the fridge.
- Coconut sugar – I get my coconut sugar most affordably from the bulk bins at Winco. When I buy it online, here (1.5 pounds) or here (5lbs, cheaper but in bulk) are the ones I get from Amazon.
- Tapioca or Arrowroot Flour – I get my tapioca flour most affordably from the bulk bins at Winco. You can also find it easily on Amazon here. Or, arrowroot flour will work here as well. And both are nut-free!
- Cocoa – I just use whatever mainstream brand is the most affordable, whether that is Hershey’s at Sam’s Club or cocoa powder from the bulk bins at Winco.
- Salt – Don’t overthink it, table salt is great!
- Vanilla – Pure vanilla is my ideal for simple ingredients, but sometimes it’s really pricey. Imitation vanilla works here as well!
Paleo Fudgy Brownies
- 10 oz dairy-free chocolate chips we use 1 bag Enjoy Life Mini Chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or extra light tasting olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon imitation vanilla or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a glass or microwavable dish. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir. Should be melted. If not, microwave another 30 seconds and stir again. Once melted and stirred to combine, set aside.
- Combine coconut sugar, tapioca flour, cocoa, salt, eggs, vanilla, and chocolate + coconut oil mixture in a medium bowl. Stirring until combined.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish* with parchment paper. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and spread around till evenly flat.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Don't overbake, you want these just set so they will be fudgy!
- Delicious warm or cooled, or even with a little dairy-free ice cream on top.