Brownies are my all-time favorite dessert. But, I was tired of the paleo versions I tried that weren’t thick and fudgy. I admit it, I’m a bit of a brownie snob?!
So, after many variations, I finally have created fudgy paleo brownies that my family LOVES. Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and only 8 ingredients, these check all the boxes and are easy to make. Makes a large 9×13 pan or you can cook it in a square pan for extra thick. Amazing by itself or you can top it with my dairy-free paleo ice cream for the perfect ice cream sundae. A new family favorite for sure!
Paleo Fudgy Brownies
- 10 oz dairy-free chocolate chips we use 1 bag Enjoy Life Mini Chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or extra light tasting olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon imitation vanilla or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a glass or microwavable dish. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir. Should be melted. If not, microwave another 30 seconds and stir again. Once melted and stirred to combine, set aside.
- Combine coconut sugar, tapioca flour, cocoa, salt, eggs, vanilla, and chocolate + coconut oil mixture in a medium bowl. Stirring until combined.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish* with parchment paper. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and spread around till evenly flat.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Don't overbake, you want these just set so they will be fudgy!
- Delicious warm or cooled, or even with a little dairy-free ice cream on top.