Caramel is one of our family’s favorite ice cream toppings. But, so many of the store bought caramels had dairy or a looong list of ingredients. This easy homemade sauce only has THREE ingredients! It’s not hard to get behind a treat like this one. We especially love it on my Vanilla Paleo Ice Cream in an ice cream sundae. Yum!
Paleo Homemade Caramel Topping
- 1 15 oz can coconut cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Open the chilled coconut cream. Set aside the lighter clear liquid, you will only need the solid white cream part.
- Combine the coconut cream and coconut sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once it reaches a boil, lower heat to medium low and continue to whisk for 10 minutes.
- Caramel will reduce – thickening and deepening in color. DO NOT stop whisking or you will burn the caramel. Remove from heat and add in vanilla.
- Caramel will thicken as it cools. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 month.