Every winter I kept thinking how I needed a Paleo hot chocolate mix. I’m not a big drink gal, but there is just something cozy and nostalgic to have hot cocoa while walking around looking at Christmas lights or after caroling. So, this one had to come to life this year and I am thrilled with how easy it is! This mix can be Paleo or Keto, depending on the sweetener used, regular or mint/peppermint, added to dairy-free milk of your choice, or just hot water. So flexible and delicious – this one will be showing up in your pantry and your new go-to for all your hot chocolate needs!
Paleo or Keto Hot Cocoa Mix
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar *see notes for Keto variation
- 1/2 cup coconut milk powder *optional, see notes
- 1/2 teaspoon mint or peppermint extract optional
- Combine all ingredients together and store in a sealed jar or container. If using mint or peppermint extract, stir it right into the dry ingredients till combined.
- To make hot cocoa, add a generous 1/4 cup to 8 oz hot water. (If you want an exact amount, it was 5 1/2 tablespoons...but that drives me batty to count out, so I just do a heaping 1/4 cup and call it a day ; ). Stir till combined and enjoy the chocolatey goodness!
- Makes 4 8-oz cups of hot cocoa. We make a triple batch of this mix and keep it stored in our pantry!
- Everyone likes their hot chocolate different levels of chocolatey and sweet. Too chocolatey? Decrease the amount of cocoa. Not sweet enough? Add some more sweetener. This one is balanced to what our family loves.