I am not a big fan of pumpkin spice but this Paleo Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream will win you over though! It has enough pumpkin pie spice flavor to be a new favorite for pumpkin lovers but not so much that it’s overwhelming. EASY to make with 10 minutes of prep.
Why We Love This Paleo Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
This ice cream is gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and only sweetened by honey. A paleo dessert that checks all the boxes and we will never go back to store-bought ice cream with this super creamy, whole-food-based option. It only has 4 ingredients, whereas many of the store-bought dairy-free pumpkin ice creams have well over 20 ingredients.
Plus, it’s nice and creamy. I love the smooth soft-serve texture right out of the ice cream maker. Or, you can put it in the freezer after the ice cream maker for a firmer texture.
Do I have to have an ice cream maker?
For the right texture, I highly recommend it. You can just stick the blended ingredients in a pan in the freezer to freeze, but the result won’t be smooth. I absolutely adore my ice cream maker! I don’t love having a lot of extra things and my ice cream maker I have used way more than I ever would have expected. The biggest reason? Because I can make dairy-free + paleo ice cream and treats without a lot of ingredients, additives, or refined sugar. And the texture is AMAZING.
I definitely recommend investing in an ice cream maker. We are pretty budget-focused in this household, but an ice cream maker was such a worth-it investment for us! We love this Cuisinart one, so simple and fast.
Other Ice Cream Flavors you will love!
- Paleo Mint Chip Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- Paleo Chocolate or Vanilla Ice Cream
- Paleo Peppermint Ice Cream
- Coconut Cream – No, canned coconut creme is not the same as canned coconut milk. It’s higher in healthy fats and its ability to get solid. Make sure you are using canned coconut CREME or you will have a sad soupy mess. I prefer this one by Thai Kitchen that I find at Walmart.
- Pumpkin Spice Nutpods Creamer – I was able to find the Pumpkin Pie Spice nutpods locally, but you can also find it on Amazon here. Or you can use another dairy-free pumpkin creamer that works for you!
- Honey – Pure 100% honey. No, maple syrup doesn’t work the same here, as it’s thinner and the ice cream won’t get thick.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – Found in the baking aisle for the perfect pumpkin pie flavor. Or, you can always make your own pumpkin pie spice blend with a recipe like this one.
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker
- 1 cup coconut cream see notes
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice nutpods creamer
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. See notes on coconut cream. Blend at a low speed, as high speeds will overmix it and make it chunky, which cannot be fixed. On my Vitamix, I blend at level 3. This liquid should be smooth and combined
- Pour combined liquid into the ice cream maker. Mix in ice cream maker until thick. Total churn time in my ice cream maker is 15 minutes, but this will vary by ice cream maker. At 15 minutes, it it soft-serve texture, which we love! If you want it more firm, freeze in freezer for up to 30 minutes more.
- Serve right out of ice cream maker or freezer and enjoy! If it has been in the freezer for longer than an hour, it might need to thaw before scooping.