I just love themed food. It doesn’t take much to make something regular like pudding feel festive and magical and these Tombstone Dirt Cups do just that! Even better – the pudding base is my Paleo Pudding with hidden veggies. Woot, mom win! I used this fun FREE tombstone cupcake topper printable to easily turn these into a spooky Halloween snack or treat. Layered with crushed paleo cookie crumbs and optional coconut cream, and topped with plastic spiders or spider rings from the dollar store, my boys couldn’t wait to dive into these! And I love that it only took 15 minutes of prep time to make. Perfect for any Halloween event or meal!
Paleo Tombstone Pudding Cups
- 1 recipe my Paleo Pudding see notes for link
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs see notes
- 1 batch whipped coconut cream optional, 2 of my boys like it without this layer
- clear cups and decorations as desired
- Pour 1/3 cup of the pudding recipe into each of the 6 cups.
- Top with 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs.
- If using, add a layer of 3-4 tablespoons of whipped coconut cream. I just do a big scoop, don't over think this.
- Top with another layer of 1/3 cup pudding.
- Sprinkle with another 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs and top as desired with tombstones, spiders, and other creepy things!
- Chill for 3-4 hours until pudding is thick. Serve cold and store extras in the fridge for up to a week.
See here for my Paleo Pudding recipe. Be sure to use the coconut cream in that recipe so the pudding is thick enough to support the cookie crumb layers. For the cookie crumbs, I used some of my Paleo Fudgy Chocolate Cookies. You can also use Simple Mills chocolate cookies to keep it Paleo. If you just need GF/DF the Glutino "Oreos" I find at Walmart work great too! I crush the cookies in my food processor to get a nice dirt-like texture. I use the free printable tombstone toppers found here.