This decadent layered treat came to life for my 16 year old’s birthday. He loves all things peanut butter + chocolate and this dessert fit the bill. Can come together quickly with a GF/DF brownie mix or use my Paleo Fudgy Brownie recipe. It makes a generous 12 servings, is perfect for that special event, and freezes great. So delicious!
PB Fudge Brownie Cheesecake
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsalted, raw cashews
- 1 batch brownies*
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter, separated
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- optional: chopped up Justins PB cups for decoration
- Boil 2 cups hot water on stove or in microwave. Put 2 cups cashews in medium bowl and pour boiling water over them to soak for at least 30 minutes (up to overnight)
- While cashews are soaking, mix and bake your brownies. See notes for my favorite Paleo Fudgy Brownies recipe. I used a round springform pan that has a removable side. Don't have that? Use a 9x9 pan lined with parchment.
- Cool brownies until cool to touch.
- While brownies are cooling, drain cashews of water (discard water) and combine cashews, 1 cup peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey in a blender or food processor and mix on high until combined. Once brownies are cool, pour this peanut butter mixture over it.
- Cool in freezer for 1 hour, or until fairly solid to touch. Just before taking out, melt the 1 cup chocolate chips in the microwave in a small glass dish for 1 minute. Remove, stir, and add remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds more, remove and stir until smooth.
- Remove pan from freezer and top with the melted chocolate + peanut butter. Top with additional chopped peanut butter cups for decoration, if desired.
- Chill in the fridge until top is solid, at least an hour (can put in freezer to speed it up, if desired). Store leftovers in the fridge or can be saved in the freezer longer term.