Chocolate and peanut butter is an all-time favorite combination in our household. This EASY 5-ingredient ice cream is so simple to make and an instant hit with our family. Can’t do peanuts? It’s also delicious with cashew butter or check out my other ice cream flavors here. We will never go back to store-bought ice cream with this super creamy, whole-food based solution!
Everyone always asks what ice cream maker that I have and LOVE – you can find that here.
Peanut Butter Cup 5-Ingredient Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker
- 1 cup coconut cream see notes!
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup dairy-free mini chips We love Enjoy Life brand
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips. (See notes on coconut cream). Blend at a low speed, as high speeds will over mix and make it chunky. If this happens, there is no going back, so easy does it. On my Vitamix, I blend at level 3. This liquid should be smooth and combined.
- Pour combined liquid instead into the ice cream maker and add chocolate chips. Turn on ice cream maker and mix. Once semi solid, add chocolate chips. Total churn time in my ice cream maker is 15 minutes, but this will vary by ice cream maker. This will result in a soft-serve texture, which we love! If you want something more firm, put in freezer for 30 minutes to firm it up.
- Serve right out of ice cream maker or freezer and enjoy!
Sadly, I have found a few brands that due to some kind of stabilizer (not sure which ingredient or fully why), it will never solidify in the fridge, so if that happens, it's not you ; ). I have had good consistent success with Thai Kitchen brand, which also has the least "coconut-y" flavor as well.
This is also excellent topped with my Paleo Magic Shell topping (pictured)!