This is a fast and easy breakfast option that still feels fancy and is honestly one of my all-time faves. I keep a batch (or three) of pesto in my freezer so I can not have to make that from scratch whenever I want some deliciousness readily available. Comes together fast, as it’s not an egg bake, but can still make enough servings to share or have left overs. If you haven’t tried pesto on your eggs, that’s a crying shame and needs to change STAT. I also enjoy it with a side of bacon, because you know, bacon ; ). You’ll love this one!
Pesto Spinach Eggs with Sweet Potato Hashbrowns
- 1 dozen eggs
- 10 oz spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast optional but delicious!
- 5 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons salt divided (I prefer garlic salt for the eggs)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 2 sweet potatoes shredded
- Pesto* see note below
- Melt 3 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shredded sweet potatoes and sprinkle with other 1 teaspoon salt.
- In another large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil on medium heat.
- Once melted, add chopped spinach and cook until wilted. Meanwhile, put eggs in a bowl and scramble with dairy-free milk, nutritional yeast (if using), salt and pepper. Once scrambled, add to cooked spinach.
- Once potatoes are browned, use large pancake flipper to flip and cook until crispy on the other side.
- Cook eggs until solid and scrambled, stirring occasionally.
- Serve layering sweet potatoes, then eggs with pesto on top. Enjoy!