This is an easy nice Whole30 & Paleo meal that I often take to friends when they’ve had a baby or need a meal except I usually serve theirs with regular rice, not cauliflower rice ; ). Comes together quick, especially if you have already made the pesto. Pesto can be frozen, as you don’t need all of it for this recipe. This is also a family win, so hooray for the kids liking it too!
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Chicken
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast cut into small chunks
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomato pesto see recipe below
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 8 oz canned sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 oz basil
- 1/4 cup pinenuts can sub cashews if needed for cost or allergies
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and then add chicken pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- While chicken is cooking, mix all of the pesto ingredients in a food processor or blender, blending until smooth. You will not need all of this batch for this recipe, you can put the remaining in the freezer for next time!
- Add 1/3 cup pesto and stir until all chicken pieces are covered with pesto.
- Add tomatoes and stir. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve on top of cauliflower rice or rice.