Meet the way I love canned tuna! I had a hard time getting into tuna. I don’t love seafood to begin with, and tuna in a can just seemed unappetizing. But, this one way to have it I have come to truly enjoy it. Seriously.
Tuna is so dang affordable – there are Whole30 compliant versions at Walmart and Winco that are as low as $ 0.68/can. PLUS, it’s an awesome option for a shelf-stable protein pantry food staple/food storage. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, it was one of the first things I stocked up on. Also, it’s a great on-the-go protein (once we start going places again) and we often take it camping, road trips to eat in the car, or work lunches.
Check out the recipe below for the 3 ingredients I add to it you might not think of that make a world of difference, as well as two ways to eat it that really take it up a notch!
Sweet Everything Bagel Whole30 Tuna Salad
- 1 5 oz can tuna *make sure it's compliant if on Whole30
- 2-4 tablespoons date mustard *see notes for recipe link
- 1-2 teaspoons Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Serve with homemade plantain chips or in lettuce cups
- Open tuna can and drain water. Mix date mustard and drained tuna in a small bowl. The range is due to different preferences - I like my tuna moist so I use the higher end of the range, whereas my hubby likes it more dry.
- Top with Everything Bagel Seasoning (again to preference - we like it heavy on the EBS!) and garlic salt.
- Serve with plantain chips or lettuce cups. I love eating it with plantain chips as a spoon!