I heart tostones, and starting the day with them is just a delicious way to go. These #whole30compliant #paleo tostones breakfast sliders hit the spot every time and I know you will love them!
Tostones Breakfast Sliders
- 1 lb chorizo* can't find compliant chorizo? See note below
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 10 oz spinach chopped
- 1 cup pico de Gallo
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast optional, but really adds flavor!
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 batch tostones** fried plantains
- drizzle my cilantro ranch dressing optional but delicious!
- Cook chorizo in a large saucepan. Once chorizo is almost browned, add spinach and cook down until wilted and meat is cooked through.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, scramble eggs with milk. Add nutritional yeast (if using), garlic salt and pepper to the eggs. Once chorizo and spinach are cooked, add scrambled egg mixture to sauce pan. Sprinkle with pico de Gallo, and cook until eggs are set.
- Assemble sliders by putting guac on a tostone and then scooping a spoonful of the egg mixture on top of the guac. Optional - drizzle with the cilantro ranch for max deliciousness.
Link to my cilantro lime ranch dressing recipe is here. * Can't find compliant chorizo? Cook up a pound of ground pork with my taco seasoning to get that Mexican flavor to the meat. **Tostones are one of my all-time favorite foods. If you haven't made them, you must! Find my easy tostones instructions here!
I haven’t made the whole recipe, just the tostones, and I had no idea how easy they were! Your video on IG gave me the confidence to make them for myself. I keep them in the freezer and they saved my bacon one time when I couldn’t get corn tortillas to roll into enchiladas for me without breaking. 😫 I remembered the tostones and used them as sliders/tostadas. So good! I also recently used them to have slider sloppy Joe’s while my non paleo fam used buns. So so good!
This is what I’ve been doing for years! I also add a touch of cacao powder and some garlic powder. I go pretty heavy on the cumin and Chili powder. Yum!
Yesss! So delicious – one of my favorites!
Easy and delicious breakfast!!! Having the tostones ready to go in the am is the best when you are doing a whole30 just so you are not eating potatoes or sweet potatoes all the time!!!