I heart tostones, and starting the day with them is just a delicious way to go. These #whole30compliant #paleo tostones breakfast sliders hit the spot every time and I know you will love them!
Tostones Breakfast Sliders
- 1 lb chorizo* can't find compliant chorizo? See note below
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 10 oz spinach chopped
- 1 cup pico de Gallo
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast optional, but really adds flavor!
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 batch tostones** fried plantains
- drizzle my cilantro ranch dressing optional but delicious!
- Cook chorizo in a large saucepan. Once chorizo is almost browned, add spinach and cook down until wilted and meat is cooked through.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, scramble eggs with milk. Add nutritional yeast (if using), garlic salt and pepper to the eggs. Once chorizo and spinach are cooked, add scrambled egg mixture to sauce pan. Sprinkle with pico de Gallo, and cook until eggs are set.
- Assemble sliders by putting guac on a tostone and then scooping a spoonful of the egg mixture on top of the guac. Optional - drizzle with the cilantro ranch for max deliciousness.
Link to my cilantro lime ranch dressing recipe is here. * Can't find compliant chorizo? Cook up a pound of ground pork with my taco seasoning to get that Mexican flavor to the meat. **Tostones are one of my all-time favorite foods. If you haven't made them, you must! Find my easy tostones instructions here!