Veggies are my superfood, but they can be admittedly hard to get in at breakfast. This breakfast bake was based around getting in my greens! I don’t love cooked spinach, but have had great success putting it into eggs, with some added some deliciousness of chopped bacon and nutritional yeast. This recipe is Whole30 compliant and Keto friendly (though if you are keto, feel free to add in a few cups of cheese!) and I love it with a hearty dose of avocado on top. Have a great morning sunshine!
Veggie Bacon Breakfast Bake
- 12 slices bacon chopped into 1" pieces
- 3 cups shredded/chopped brussel sprouts
- 4 packed cups chopped spinach
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Extra cooking oil if needed (I use coconut or avocado oil)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the chopped bacon and brussel sprouts, keeping covered to help steam the brussel sprouts and stirring occasionally. If there isn't enough bacon grease to keep the brussel sprouts from sticking to the pan while cooking, add additional cooking oil (I added a tablespoon coconut oil).
- While bacon and brussel sprouts are cooking, in a medium bowl, combine eggs, coconut milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast. Stir well until fully combined.
- Just before bacon is crispy and brussel sprouts are tender, add in spinach and cook down until wilted.
- Spread bacon and veggies on the bottom of prepared pan. Pour egg mixture on top, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until cooked through (we like ours a little crispy!). Enjoy with a hearty serving of avocado!
- TO FREEZE: Cut veggie bake into individual portions and freeze in a sealed container for up to 3 months.