Gluten-free, dairy-free, Paleo, Keto, with nut-free and egg-free options. Budget-friendly and EASY! This one is always a hit among Whole30 and non-Whole30 alike. It’s more interesting than just raw veggies but more portable than hot ones. Amounts of the stir-ins (fruit, nuts, seeds) easily adjusted to your personal preference. I used to bring this to all my Whole30 Introduction potlucks at the gym and it was devoured every time. Perfect for potlucks, BBQs, picnics, or just an every day veggie boost!
Whole30 Broccoli Salad
- 6 cups fresh broccoli broken down into small florets
- 2 cups store-bought broccoli slaw or another 2 cups broccoli florets
- 8 slices compliant bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup red seedless grapes halved
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayo compatible, if on Whole30. See note.
- 1/4 cup date paste see link in notes
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- SOAK dates in hot water in small bowl or cup.
- TRIM broccoli florets. Optional, but I like the florets to be small and without a lot of stem. I cut the stems off large florets and then cut them into halves or fourths with kitchen shears.
- COMBINE dry ingredients (broccoli through raisins) in a large bowl.
- BLEND together mayo, date paste, and vinegar in a blender or small food processor.
- STIR mayo mixture into dry ingredients.
- SERVE cold and store in the fridge.
- 1 cup pitted dates, packed
- 1/2 cup very hot water
- Combine dates and hot water in a bowl and let sit for 1 minute. I usually press them down into the water a bit to ensure they are all soaking.
- Place dates and all the liquid in a blender or food processor and process for 30 seconds, or until smooth
- Store in a closed container in the fridge for up to 3-4 weeks.