This one is always a hit among Whole30 and non-Whole30 alike. It’s more interesting than just raw veggies but more portable than hot ones. Amounts of the stir-ins (fruit, nuts, seeds) easily adjusted to your personal preference
Whole30 Broccoli Salad
- 6 cups fresh broccoli broken down into small florets
- 2 cups store-bought broccoli slaw or another 2 cups broccoli florets
- 8 slices compliant bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup red seedless grapes halved
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayo compatible, if on Whole30. See note.
- 6 dates soak in 1 cup hot water
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- SOAK dates in hot water in small bowl or cup.
- TRIM broccoli florets. Optional, but I like the florets to be small and without a lot of stem. I cut the stems off large florets and then cut them into halves or fourths with kitchen shears.
- COMBINE dry ingredients (broccoli through raisins) in a large bowl.
- BLEND together mayo, softened dates (discard the water they were soakin in), and vinegar in a blender or small food processor.
- STIR mayo mixture into dry ingredients.
- SERVE cold and store in the fridge.
Use my 5-minute Whole30 Mayo recipe for the mayo!