This Whole30 Chick-fil-A Sauce is the perfect EASY dipping sauce. Sweetened only by dates but still full of flavor. Many of my friends worked at Chick-fil-A growing up in Texas, and this sauce hits the spot!
Why We Love My Whole30 Chick-fil-A Sauce
First, it’s Whole30, Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, with egg-free, vegan, and Plant-based Whole30 options. The base of the sauce is mayo, which means it’s creamy sauce loaded with healthy fats.
Can’t do eggs or need a vegan option? Make it egg-free and vegan by using an eggless mayo, such as Primal Kitchen’s Whole30 Approved Vegan Mayo.
Second, it’s so EASY to make! You only need 5 minutes to make it, 10-15 if you have to make the mayo or date paste. Just whisk together the 4 ingredients and you are good to go.
Finally, it’s delicious to dip all the things. This Whole30 Chick-fil-A sauce pairs well with fries and nuggets. But, it’s also delicious on a wrap or sandwich!
Only 4 ingredients to make this Whole30 Chick-fil-A sauce!
- Mayo – I use my 5-minute Homemade Mayo to keep this sauce budget-friendly. But, you can find Whole30 Approved Primal Kitchen Mayo at many Walmarts and most natural food stores. Or, use whatever mayo you have on hand and works for your dietary needs. Can’t do eggs or need a vegan option? Make it egg-free and vegan by using an eggless mayo, such as Primal Kitchen’s Whole30 Approved Vegan Mayo.
- BBQ Sauce – Again, I use my Homemade Whole30 BBQ Sauce for the most budget-friendly option. But, you can use whatever BBQ sauce works for your dietary needs. A Whole30 store-bought option is this Primal Kitchen BBQ Sauce. This recipe was written with unsweetened Whole30-compatible BBQ sauce. If you are using a sweetened BBQ sauce, add date paste a little bit at a time until desired sweetness.
- Mustard – Just regular yellow mustard here! I use the store-bought brand from Walmart, or yellow French’s mustard. Both have basic ingredients and are Whole30 compatible.
- Date Paste – This is just pitted dates soaked in hot water and then blended. It allows for a touch of sweetness to your sauce without any sugars. YES, date paste is Whole30 compatible – it’s even marked as such in my Whole30 Endorsed Cookbook and I double-checked it by Whole30 HQ. I usually use medjool dates, as that is what I find most easily.
There is no cooking in this copycat Whole30 Chick-fil-a Sauce! Just whisk together and serve.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayo, mustard, bbq sauce, and date paste. Whisk until well combined.
- This sauce is super flexible! Want more of a BBQ flavor? Or want it more sweet? Add more BBQ sauce or date paste!
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Sauce is good until the expiration date of the mayo. For homemade mayo, usually that’s as long as the expiration date of the egg used to make the mayo – about 3 weeks.
What to Serve This Whole30 Chick-fil-A Sauce With
- Chicken strips (all Whole30)
- Fries: Take your pick from these delicious recipes that are Whole30, Paleo, and delicious!
Whole30 Chick-fil-A Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup date paste see recipe below
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small mixing bowl until well combined.
- Adjust to taste - want it sweeter? Add more date paste. Want more of a BBQ flavor? Add a touch more BBQ sauce.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Sauce is good until the expiration date of the mayo. For homemade mayo, usually that's as long as the expiration date of the egg used to make the mayo - about 3 weeks.
- 1 c. pitted dates packed
- ½ c. very hot water
- Combine dates and hot water in a bowl and let sit for 1 minute. I usually press them down into the water a bit to ensure they all are soaking. Place dates and all the liquid in a blender and process for 30 seconds or until completely smooth. Store in a closed container in the fridge for up to 3-4 weeks.