Kabobs always bring the wow, but are not hard to make. Not a lot of prep, and not one but THREE ways to cook this one, to cover all the bases. We love it from the grill, as those crispy bits just make it, but the airfryer does an great job getting those too. My kids loved the flavor of this meat and the grilled pineapple. Easy and delicious this one!
Whole30 Chicken BBQ Pineapple Kabobs
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce (see below for homemade BBQ sauce)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus extra for coating
- 2 medium green peppers
- 2 medium red peppers
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 large white or red onion
- Salt cubed chicken. Combine bbq sauce, pineapple juice, and olive oil in a medium bowl for marinade. Set aside 1/3 cup of marinade. Place chicken in the remaining marinade and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- If using the grill or the oven, preheat to 400 degrees. Note for grill: I used metal skewers, as they are more easily resuable. But, if using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for at least an hour before using so they won't burn.
- Cut the veggies into 1"ish squares. Toss with olive oil to coat. Cut the pineapple into 1" cubes as well.
- Time to build your kabobs! It doesn't really matter what order you put on the peppers, onion, pineapple, and chicken.
- GRILL - Brush grates with olive oil (if you don't, the chicken will stick!). Place kabobs on grill and grill for 5 minutes. Brush with reserved marinade. Flip, brush this side with marinade and cook 5 minutes more (chicken should be cooked through, internal temp of 165). Enjoy!
- AIRFRYER - Cook at 375 for 15 minutes, adding more marinade to both sides halfway through. Flip if it's laying flat.
- OVEN - Cook at 400 for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through and adding more marinade at that time to both sides. I like to cook these on a cooling rack set inside a cookie sheet, to allow the underside to cook better. After 20 minutes broil on high for 2-3 minutes each side.
For a Whole30 compliant affordable option, use my Whole30 Homemade BBQ Sauce
Loved this and the whole family even had seconds! Boom!
Delicious and easy! I am adding it into the rotation!
How many does this feed? Or how many kanobs soes it make?
This recipe feeds 6. The amount of kabobs will vary depending on size of skewer and how much you load up on it. Enjoy!
This was PERFECT for our cookout! Everyone made their skewer their own way and the kids thought it was SO fun!
Hooray that this was a fun family hit! My kids also think kabobs are so fun. Thank you!
This has become one of my all-time favorite recipes! Super easy, kid-friendly, and in my rotation even when not on Whole30.
I’m so happy this has become a favorite and a win all around! Thank you!
Thanks for providing multiple options on cooking method! I am so excited to try these, but I don’t have a grill in my apartment. Can’t wait to try these in the oven or the airfryer!! Do you have a method you prefer over the other?
I’m happy the multiple cooking methods is helpful! I love them cooked in the airfryer if you have one vs. the oven – it cooks the meat up nice and juicy with a little crispy on the outside. So easy and good!
I have made this a few times now. SO GOOD. And so easy. My 4 yr old loved it too! This recipe also makes alot so my family of 4 had leftovers as an added bonus.
Have made multiple times! Love these! Thank you for recipe!