This 6-ingredient chicken salad is one of my fast and easy #whole30lunch go-tos! Great to pack for lunch on the go and delicious in a butter lettuce wrap, on a bed of lettuce like a salad or just straight up. Really need it to come together quickly? Use canned chicken, as there are multiple compliant brands. If I’m cooking chicken breasts, it’s fast and easy in your Instant Pot – steam for 10 minutes, and then shred with your Kitchen Aid or hand mixer. I also use my little Ninja chopper to quickly and finely dice my celery and onion. Such a great fast protein option that (if you have a cooler) travels well too – it goes with us on many of our adventures!
Whole30 Chicken Salad
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken can use canned
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts
- 10-12 grapes quartered
- 1/3 cup compliant mayo* enough to hold it together
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix chicken, celery, onion, nuts, and grapes in a medium bowl. Add mayo until it reaches your desired moisture and salt and pepper to taste.