There aren’t many soups my kids love, but this is one of them! Whole30/paleo/keto-friendly and can be made on the stove or instant pot. Love that it gets so many veggies into this hearty soup that we don’t miss the beans one bit (though you could toss in some if you do!). Easy to make, with only 20 minutes of prep, and makes enough that even this family of 7 has a serving or two left for lunches the next day. Freezes great, so it’s a great one to make up and store away for a night you don’t want to cook.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped about 1 cup
- 3 large carrots, chopped about 1 cup
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce make sure it's compliant if doing Whole30
- 3 15oz cans petite diced tomatoes make sure it's compliant if doing Whole30
- 12 oz riced cauliflower optional veggie boost
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 avocados optional, but delicious!
- Either in a large pot over medium heat or in an InstantPot on saute, cook ground beef with garlic and onion till meat is browned.
- Add all other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Simmer on medium on the stove for 1 hour or in the InstantPot on "Beans/Chili" for 30 minutes. Or you can throw it all into a slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Top with chopped avocado and serve warm. If not on a Whole30 or Keto diet, it's delicious with crunched up plantain chips as well!
- Freezes great, feel free to put the leftovers in individual or large glass container and freeze for up to 3 months.
This is on the stove right now. I know it’s not exactly chili weather, but it sounded like the perfect way to sneak in some extra veggies! My first impression is “delicious!” Can’t wait to eat a bowl for dinner!
I was suspicious of all the veggies in this, but this is SO good!
“Suspicious” lol, I love it. Glad you gave it a chance – I’m always here for getting in veggies that still taste delicious! Thank you!
Great recipe & perfect for the rainy day in Ohio today. Easy & yummy.
Mmmmm, I love a bowl of this on a rainy day. Thank you!
I made this on my last whole 30, and am excited to make it on my current. It’s such an easy, but flavourful recipe that I can have for work day lunches! I love pairing this with some tostones and avocado on top for a meal to keep me full until dinner!
I’m so happy this was an easy win for you! And that sounds delicious with tostones, yummm. Thank you!
Going to make this and freeze for a road trip we have coming up. Will be staying at air bnbs two nights each way. Trying to stay healthy and keep costs down.
Awesome! This comes with us on many road trips, as it’s such an easy heat-and-eat option. Good for you and hope it supported your travels well!
We’ve made chili and my kids LOVE the Chick fil A nuggets!!! On the menu for tonight!
Hooray, I’m happy your family loved those recipes. Thank you!
This recipe was super easy, super delicious and a HUGE hit with the whole family. Kids (7, 5, and 3) each had seconds and some had thirds! Thanks for another family hit, Autumn! We will definitely be keeping this in the rotation.
WAHOO! I love that it was a family win all around. Thank you!
Thank you for all of your family friendly recipes!
I’m so happy this is a hit with your family. Thank you!
Thank you for this awesome recipe and so many others that have become family favorites in our home. You are just such an inspiration and I love following your instagram posts. I have learned so much from you and I just wanted to say Thank You. Our family is healthier and I am more organized! You are the BEST!
Why thank you so much, I’m so happy what I share here has benefitted your family. That makes my heart so happy!
Soooo yummy and so easy!! Thanks for the awesome recipe.
Hooray! I love a delicious easy option, so happy it was that for you!
Love this chili! My hubby and I are new to the InstantPot and this was such an awesome easy introductory recipe that was so tasty!
Way to break in that Instant Pot! Thrilled this was an easy win for you!