There aren’t many soups my kids love, but this is one of them! Whole30/paleo/keto-friendly and can be made on the stove or instant pot. Love that it gets so many veggies into this hearty soup that we don’t miss the beans one bit (though you could toss in some if you do!). Easy to make, with only 20 minutes of prep, and makes enough that even this family of 7 has a serving or two left for lunches the next day. Freezes great, so it’s a great one to make up and store away for a night you don’t want to cook.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped about 1 cup
- 3 large carrots, chopped about 1 cup
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce make sure it's compliant if doing Whole30
- 3 15oz cans petite diced tomatoes make sure it's compliant if doing Whole30
- 12 oz riced cauliflower optional veggie boost
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 avocados optional, but delicious!
- Either in a large pot over medium heat or in an InstantPot on saute, cook ground beef with garlic and onion till meat is browned.
- Add all other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Simmer on medium on the stove for 1 hour or in the InstantPot on "Beans/Chili" for 30 minutes. Or you can throw it all into a slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Top with chopped avocado and serve warm. If not on a Whole30 or Keto diet, it's delicious with crunched up plantain chips as well!
- Freezes great, feel free to put the leftovers in individual or large glass container and freeze for up to 3 months.