This Whole30, Paleo, and keto-friendly Creamy Cauliflower soup is on repeat at our house! I love that it’s packed with veggies and has some healthy fats (coconut milk) for staying power, making it an awesome side to every meal. Is it weird to have cauliflower soup for breakfast? #askingforafriend .
As always, my recipes are simple, easy and have some flexibility depending on what you have on hand and your dietary preferences. I love that this one can use frozen cauliflower if you need a FAST 20-minute soup and can be made on the stove or in the Instant Pot. Want to make it a meal? Add in some cooked ham!
Whole30 Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 2 T ghee or olive oil for vegan option
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth for vegan option
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium head cauliflower roughly chopped or 1 16oz bag riced cauliflower (frozen is fine)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/2 T dried parsley
- 4 slices bacon (optional but delicious!) cooked and crumbled
- Melt ghee in large pot on stove over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add broth, milk, cauliflower, bay leaf, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Boil until veggies are tender, about 25 minutes if using a cauliflower head, 10 minutes if using frozen cauliflower.
- Transfer to food processor, remove bay leaf, and purée in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Stir in parsley and top with crumbled bacon.