Whole30 Creamy Cauliflower Soup
This Whole30, Paleo, and keto-friendly Creamy Cauliflower soup recipe has been on repeat this week at our house! I love that it’s packed with veggies and has some healthy fats (coconut milk) for staying power, making it an awesome side to every meal (is it weird to have cauliflower soup for breakfast? #askingforafriend .
As always, my recipes are simple, easy and have some flexibility depending on what you have on hand and your dietary preferences.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 4 slices bacon (optional but delicious!) cooked and crumbled
- 2 T ghee
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 head cauliflower roughly chopped or 1 16oz bag riced cauliflower (frozen is fine)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/2 T dried parsley
Melt ghee in large pot on stove over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 3-4 minutes)
Add broth, milk, cauliflower, bay leaf, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
Boil until Cauliflower is tender. Transfer to food processor, remove bay leaf, and purée until smooth.
Stir in parsley and top with crumbled bacon.
- Keto Variation - Optional to leave out the carrots and add lots o cheese after it's pureed.
- Instant Pot Variation - Saute in the InstantPot on saute setting. After adding milk/chicken/etc., put on lid and cook on Soup setting for 10 minutes if using riced cauliflower, 15 minutes if using cauliflower florets. Release steam and proceed with pureeing.