Nut-free, egg-free options, oven or airfryer. Bring a restaurant favorite home with this fun healthier swap! Using a spiralizer actually makes these faster, no cutting individual fries. Cook quickly in the airfryer or in the oven. I love this versitile spiralizer I got on Amazon.
The Date Mustard sauce is my must-have sauce: a Whole30 version of honey mustard I adore! Great as a dipping sauce or salad dressing. Use an egg-free mayo for this if needed.
𝗗𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘇𝗲𝗿? No problem, hand-cut your potatoes into straight fries and follow the same steps. Also, the spiralized curly fries will be skinny, shoestring-style fries. If you prefer a thicker fry, I’d recommend cutting them into straight fries as well.
NOTE: 𝗦𝗼𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲-𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗽𝘆 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝘆, don’t skip it! This helps pull out the starch that prevents crispiness.
The leftovers stay crispy and are excellent in a salad or next egg scramble.
Curly Fries with Date Mustard
- 2 large Russet potatoes, about 2 pounds
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Spiralize the two potatoes into thick noodle-shapes, using the largest setting on your spiralizer and pushing the potato firmly into the blade as you spiralize to get the thickest fry. Alternatively, cut your potatoes into fry shapes.
- Place fries in a large bowl of coldwater, pushing the fries down into the water. Soak in water in the fridge forat least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Remove fries from fridge, drain and discard thewater. If using, preheat the oven to 375. Blot the fries dry with a towel – a dry fry is a crispy fry!
- In a small bowl, combine the spices.Add the dry potatoes back to a large bowl and toss with oil. Then, sprinkle onthe spices and toss until well combined.
- OVEN - Bake at 425 for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through. If using thicker, straight fries, cook at 375 for 20 minutes, stir, and then at 425 for 30 minutes.AIRYFRY at 375 for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep close eyes on these - they cook quickly and the fries towards the outside will cook faster. Fries are done when golden and crispy.