Who doesn’t love a good sheet pan?! Especially one that is Whole30, Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free and budget and family-friendly! Evenings are WILD in a house of 7, so I love that this only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then the oven does the rest. The Garlic Ranch drizzle is optional, but I highly recommend!
Whole30 Garlic Chicken Sheet Pan
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes or small creamer potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons melted ghee, divided can sub olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in half horizontally and then again vertically
- 4 cups fresh trimmed green beans
- 10 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Optional - Garlic Ranch
- 1 cup ranch dressing see notes for link to my homemade version!
- Roasted garlic (from sheet pan, above)
- Put a rimmed baking sheet into a cold oven. With baking sheet inside, preheat oven to 425. Preheating the pan with the oven will help the potatoes get more crispy!
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped potatoes with 2 tablespoons ghee and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt.
- Once oven is preheated, remove hot pan, line with parchment paper, and spread prepared potatoes on it, keeping them in the middle of the pan as much as possible. Be sure to turn potatoes cut side down to help them get crispy! Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cut chicken, green beans, and garlic cloves. Toss with remaining 3 tablespoons melted ghee and all remaining seasonings (parsley, garlic powder, thyme, pepper, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt) until well combined.
- Take potatoes out of the oven. Don't stir the potatoes - let them keep getting crispy cut side down in the middle of the pan, where the pan is the hottest. Lay the chicken breast on the edges of the pan. Spread the green beans on top of the potatoes. Return to oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Sheet pan is done when chicken is cooked through (no pink inside), potatoes are crispy, and green beans are tender and slightly crispy. Remove roasted garlic cloves. Toss to combine and serve, drizzled with Garlic Ranch if desired.
- Garlic Ranch - Combine ranch with 5 roasted garlic cloves either in a blender or with an immersion blender until garlic is well blended in. Continue to add additional roasted garlic cloves, up to the 10 total, as desired. We like all ten ; ).
- TO FREEZE: Freeze cooked recipe in sealed containers for up to 3 months in the freezer.
We love using my Homemade Whole30 Ranch for the Garlic Ranch with this!
Delicious! This one is a keeper. Thanks, Autumn!
So happy you loved this easy sheet pan meal. Thank you!
This is a keeper! In fact, it’s so amazing that I made it two nights in a row! We had my daughter and her boyfriend for dinner the first night and everyone loved it. The Garlic Ranch is an absolute MUST – it is amazing! The next night my son and his fiance came for dinner and they loved it too! I’ll be making this many, many more times!
WOOT WOOT! So happy this one is a keeper and so good you made it twice in one week – that’s saying something. Thank you!!