These “Bloody Witches Fingers” are minimal cooking/prep and always a hit at my kid’s Halloween party. Easily made Whole30 or Paleo by using a hot dog with no added sugar or weird additives. We love the Hebrew Nationals All Natural hot dogs that are Whole30 compatible, affordable and delicious! We usually find them at Target or Trader Joes.
Themed food doesn’t have to be complicated!
Whole30 Halloween Witch Fingers
- 1 package hot dogs
- 1/4 cup Almond slivers
- 1/2 cup ketchup or BBQ see notes for my Whole30 BBQ sauce
- Cut 3 small slits in a hot dog, about an inch down from the end. This will be the finger’s “knuckles.” Make sure to only cut 1/3-1/2 of the way through the hot dog and not too deep. Repeat an inch below the first set of 3 lines, so each hot dog has two sets of 3 slits or two knuckles.
- Roughly tear off the end of the hot dog furthest away from the second knuckle to create the illusion it was severed ; ).
- Cook hot dogs either in a pan on the stove over medium heat or in the oven at 350 for 10-12 minutes till heated through and deep reddish/brown on the outside.
- Once cooked, use the BBQ sauce or ketchup to stick the almond “finger nails” on each hot dog finger. Dip the non-fingernail end into BBQ sauce or ketchup to simulate blood.
- Serve warm and with extra sauce to dip.