The inexpensive side dish we eat allll year long. I usually include fruit with dinner. My kids love fruit and, as such, sometimes we don’t have much left in the house.
Simple side solution? Instant Pot Baked Apples!
Note: the batch in this photo we got fancy and topped with my Paleo baked granola and whipped coconut topping, which are not Whole30 compatible. But my boys love it even with just the baked apples, which are Whole30. My kids felt like they were getting dessert for dinner. I’m going with fruit salad?!
Could you go for this all year long or is this just a fall dish to you?
Whole30 Instant Pot Cooked Apples
- 3 apples any variety, great way to use up less appealing apples left in your produce drawer!
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or apple pie spice
- Slice the apples into 8 slices or can chop into smaller chunks. This can be rough and up to whatever size your family prefers. I often use an apple slicer for these that automatically cuts it into 8 slices. Also, Ieave the skins on - more nutrients and prep time!
- Place the cut apples in the bottom of a instant pot. Add small pats or dollops of the ghee at various spots around the top of the apples (again, not very exact here). Sprinkle with cinnamon or apple pie spice.
- Seal instant pot and steam by pushing the "Steam" button, for 10 minutes. When done, release steam and enjoy warm. So cozy and delicious!