The inexpensive side dish we eat allll year long. I usually include fruit with dinner. My kids love fruit and, as such, sometimes we don’t have much left in the house.
Simple side solution? Instant Pot Baked Apples!
Note: the batch in this photo we got fancy and topped with my Paleo baked granola and whipped coconut topping, which are not Whole30 compatible. But my boys love it even with just the baked apples, which are Whole30. My kids felt like they were getting dessert for dinner. I’m going with fruit salad?!
Could you go for this all year long or is this just a fall dish to you?
Whole30 Instant Pot Cooked Apples
- Instant Pot
- 3 fuji apples see note
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or apple pie spice
- Turn your instant pot on to saute. Add ghee to melt it while you cut the apples.
- Slice the apples into 8 slices, this can be rough. I often use an apple slicer for these that automatically cuts it into 8 slices. Also, Ieave the skins on - more nutrients and less rep time!
- Put apple slices into the instant pot and sprinkle with cinnamon or apple pie spice. Stir until combined.
- Seal instant pot and steam by pushing the "Steam" button, for 7 minutes. When done, release steam and enjoy warm. Apples should be just tender. So cozy and delicious!