We love this EASY Whole30, Paleo, Keto, gluten-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free, and nut-free Mexican-inspired side dish! It comes together in 15 minutes and can use fresh or frozen riced cauliflower.
Last night for Taco Tuesday my husband and I had Whole30 Taco Salad bowls – taco meat (taco seasoning recipe here), guac, salsa, lettuce, my creamy Whole30 cilantro ranch, and THIS delicious Mexican Cauliflower Rice. I think your next Taco Tuesday needs this!
Whole30 Mexican-Inspired Cauliflower Rice
- 3 T oil I use coconut, but olive oil or ghee can work too
- 4 cups riced cauliflower fresh or frozen
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 c chicken broth Whole30 compatible if on a Whole30
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cumin
- Half bunch cilantro finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add the riced cauliflower
- Cook riced cauliflower in oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover, simmeringing covered for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and cooked into the rice. Frozen cauliflower rice will take longer than fresh.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped cilantro.