These Whole30, Keto, Paleo, kid-friendly Mini Meatloaves are a great way to get more protein into your little ones. My kids were turned off by a meatloaf but loved these more individual-sized ones! Protein can be a hard sell for kids and these make that more “bite-sized” ; ).
With only 10 ingredients you might already have, options for air fryer and nut-free, they freeze great, and come together start to finish in 30 minutes, what’s not to love??
Whole30 Mini Meatloaves
- 1/2 cup ketchup make sure it's compliant and no sugar added if on Whole30
- 1 squirt mustard
- 2 tablespoons date paste* see notes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespooon coconut aminos
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup almond flour see notes for nut-free option
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, date paste, and mustard. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients. Add 1/4 cup of the ketchup mixture to the meat mixture and stir till combined.
- Shape into mini meat loaves. For us, that looks like giant meatballs we cook on a cooling rack set inside a baking sheet, if cooking in oven (A cooling rack allows the grease to drain as they cook. You can also just bake them in a muffin tin). Size is totally individual and you can do more small meatballs if that works better for you. We do 12 mini meatloaves from this recipe.
- Cook in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes or airfryer for 15 minutes, cooking until no longer pink in the middle. For the last 5 minutes, cook topped with remaining ketchup mixture.
- Freeze cooked meatballs in a sealed container for up to 3 months.