A great way to get kids to eat more whole foods is a fun shape and a delicious dip. This simple and easy Halloween appetizer, snack or side hits both!
Whole30 Carrot Pumpkins with Ranch
- 4 whole long carrots the bigger in diameter the better
- Whole30 compatible ranch see homemade recipe below
- Peel carrots and cut off end.
- At the fat end of the carrot, holding lengthwise so you see the diameter of the carrot, cut a half a centimeter slit in the top of the carrot towards the middle of the carrot. Repeat a half a centimeter away, creating the beginnings of the “stem” of the pumpkin.
- Cut a slit perpendicular to the stem slits on each side to cut away or carve out the stem. Discard the carrot scraps you just cut out. You should see a rough pumpkin shape now when looking at the diameter of the carrot (see photo). Round out edges as needed with the knife.
- Once pumpkin shape is created, slice carrot into coins, creating mini pumpkin carrot coins. Serve with ranch and enjoy making veggies so fun and festive!
Enjoy dipping in my Whole30 Ranch!