Homemade Whole30 Taco Seasoning is such a budget-friendly way to get dinner on the table! Most Whole30 compatible (i.e. no added sugars or additives) taco seasonings are at least $3 per envelope. You can made the same taco seasoning at home with this recipe for $0.31 cents. You save 91% by making it yourself!
Why We Love This Whole30 Taco Seasoning
First, it’s just so easy. This taco seasoning uses only 5 spices, which you might already have on hand. They are basic spices you can find at most grocery stores. I get most of my spices in the bulk bins at Winco or in bulk from Sam’s Club to get the best price.
Second, this Whole30 Taco Seasoning is not only Whole30, it’s Paleo, Keto, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and egg-free. That makes this a great EASY meal option for a variety of dietary needs.
Finally, tacos are one of the fastest meals you can make! They are my go-to for a busy night or when my kids are cooking. All of my teenagers can make this seasoning, cooked into ground beef, to make tacos for dinner when I am gone. And that, my friend, is priceless!
Recipes That Use This Whole30 Taco Seasoning
I use taco seasoning for more than just tacos! Here are some other recipes you will love that use this taco seasoning:
- Whole30 Plantain Taco Hash
- Whole30 Creamy Chicken Fajita Bake
- Whole30 Tuna Taco Fritters
- Whole30 Taco Breakfast Casserole
- Paleo Chicken Taquitos
All of these ingredients are basic spices you can find at most grocery stores. I get the best prices on spices in the bulk bins at Winco or in bulk from Sam’s Club.
- Chili powder
- Dehydrated minced onion
- Red pepper – Optional if you want it spicy! Our family usually enjoys it without it.
Whole30 Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated minced onion
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ – ½ t. red pepper opt. for a “kick”, if desired
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, if using immediately. If desired, you can store in a small container or ziplock for up to three months. Mix with 1 lb. uncooked ground beef or turkey. Stir to mix and cook in a saucepan on medium heat, until brown and cooked through. Yields one taco seasoning packet.