These pecans are game changing. I know, it’s just a roasted nut – but these are RIDICULOUS! Simple, just water, salt, and pecans, but we have a very hard time keeping them stocked in our house. These were a big win with some of my nut-opposed kids to help convert them to loving nuts. And we package them up nicely and give them out at Christmas as teacher gifts. Yeah, they are *that* good. Recipe is not mine, but shared with permission from a dear friend, Lorie Martin.
Perfect Pecan Roasting
- 1 pound pecans
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- Preheat oven to 275. Combine water and salt in a medium saucepan and place over high heat.
- Bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and add pecans.
- Stir pecans in salted water for 4 minutes. Drain.
- Place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy hot or cold...just don't burn your tongue! ; )