This Whole30, Keto, and Paleo compliant chicken recipe is quick & easy, has ingredients you probably already have, and flavorful! It checks alll the boxes and is great by itself or in a salad or lettuce wrap. We make it a few times a month and love it! Great on it’s own, on a salad, or in a lettuce wrap.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium chicken breasts kept whole or cut into thirds
- In a small bowl, combine all the spices together.
- If using a grill, preheat grill to 450. If using the stove, place a large saucepan over high heat.
- Rub mixed spices onto chicken breast, trying to get it on all sides and as even as possible. Spray or lightly coat skillet, if using stove, with oil/cooking spray.
- STOVE: Place chicken in the pan. Don't move for 5 minutes - the high heat will create the "blackened" effect of this chicken. Flip over and cook on high heat for another 5 minutes. If using a thicker chicken breast and still not cooked through, reduce to medium heat and cook covered for 5 more minutes, until no longer pink in the middle.
- GRILL: Cook 5-6 minutes on each side, to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- AIRFRYER: Cook at 350 for 7-8 minutes, flipping or stirring once.
- Chicken is done when no longer pink in the middle and time will vary based on the thickness of the chicken you are using.